Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

World Cup Dublin hiatus

You'd think after the 'Hand of Thierry' that Dublin would be a place to avoid the World Cup, but show an Irishman a sports event that starts after midday and there'll be good craic. I'm in Brussels from tomorrow night for the Future of the Internet workshop, then Dublin Friday-Sunday talking Internet co-regulation.
I imagine there are interesting technology angles on the World Cup (NOT vuvuzelas), after all I used to write about terrestrial TV rights cartels in Europe and the failure to monetize Internet viewing (it was seen to erode TV advertising that funded FIFA's expansion). But the best I can come up with is Paraguay, best underdogs of the World Cup after leading and drawing with world champions Italy, and in-game storage solutions for your mobile.
If you don't like it, you're not South American. I like the look of utter disbelief and focus on the guy's face - this is the moment they scored. Frankly they both look about to burst into tears of shock. Maybe they've been checking scores using data roaming...

1 comment:

Andres Guadamuz said...

Which guy's face? Sorry, I can't concentrate.